Good Morning. The Philippines is the ideal slot market, say top manufacturers, as strong domestic demand drives up to 60 percent of GGR and regulation practices make for the perfect testing ground for new products and developments. Also in the Philippines, POGOs are facing further woes, as the Department of Justice is set to go over the list of licenses following a raid in Clark Freeport Zone. And in Macau, a scholar warns that operators should be wary to not copy each others’ non-gaming strategies.
What you need to know
- Top slot manufacturers say that the Philippines is the ideal market, driven by strong local demand and reasonable regulation frameworks.
- POGO licenses to be reviewed by Philippine Department of Justice after raid on Clark Freeport Zone facility.
- Macau operators should be wary to not copy each others’ non-gaming strategies, in order to achieve successful diversification: scholar.
On the radar
- AGEM Index continues rise in April, led by Crane NXT.
- SJM reiterates its stance on non-gaming investments.
- China’s business travel demand soars: white paper.
- Chinese authorities arrest suspect in Macau casino murder.
Philippines is the ideal market and testing ground for slots
Top manufacturers Aristocrat, IGT and Light & Wonder say that the Philippines is the ideal market for slots, with continued growth and strong domestic demand delivering up to 60 percent of GGR. Flexible regulation frameworks also allow for the testing out of new products and further development of online products, also a boon for operators.
- NagaWorld implements Tangam’s SODA software in expanded partnership.
- Melco: The Black Pearl Diamond Restaurants Gastronomic Series this June.
MEMBERSHIP | MAGAZINE | ASEAN | CAREERS