Good Morning. When Asia no longer proves as exciting, set your sights elsewhere. That’s what Melco did with its property in Cyprus, with the group’s President noting that it took its focus on high-end clientele and an Asian-inspired IR concept to sunnier shores. Meanwhile, in Macau, Pansy Ho says that gaming concessionaires are being pushed by not just the government but younger travelers to embrace innovation. And in the Philippines, improving infrastructure is the next hurdle to make the nation a “tourist powerhouse”.
What you need to know
- Cyprus was the best choice to offer an Asia-inspired large-scale premium IR experience in Europe: Melco President.
- Macau’s gaming operators working diligently on non-gaming projects, younger travelers push concessionaires to embrace innovation: Pansy Ho.
- Improvement of basic infrastructure to be key in the Philippines becoming “tourist powerhouse in Asia”: Tourism Secretary.
On the radar
- SPAC 26 Capital liquidating, after failed merger with Okada Manila operator.
- Former POGO operator believed to be linked to Singapore money laundering.
- Indian casino operator Delta Corp facing massive tax claim by authorities.
- PH operator International Entertainment flags return to profit this FY.
- Call for immediate shutdown of POGOs gains further momentum.
- Crown Resorts rebrands: ‘Here’s Where Things Get Interesting’.
- PAGCOR licensees give $1.06mln for new veterans medical center.
ASIA TO EUROPE
Melco Resorts’ President says that the company’s experience in Macau and the Philippines led it to pursue a large-scale option in Europe, aiming to bring the Asian IR experience to the bloc. The result: City of Dreams Mediterranean, in Cyprus, aims to leverage clientele from the region, the UK and act as a “gateway to the Middle East”. It also fits into its DNA of targeting higher-end clientele, which has proven successful in Asia.
Evolution, a prominent iGaming B2B solution provider, has announced the release of a groundbreaking game Prosperity Tree Baccarat, recreating the classic Baccarat play with a fresh and engaging twist.
1xBet was founded in 2007 and started accepting bets online in 2010. Over the years, 1xBet has become a key player in the sports betting industry and is now one of the top three most visited betting websites.
- Push Gaming prepares for major growth after acquisition by MGM.
- Orenes Gran Casino Castellón expands catalog with Zitro’s new offerings.