Good morning. As we now head towards the end of 2021, we’re seeing the gradual reopening of the Asia-Pacific region’s tourism borders – all thanks to a boost in vaccination rates, and certain countries leading by example. It’s a positive sign for the region, and in today’s infographic, we take a look at just how open our borders are to quarantine-free travel.
What you need to know
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to see compound average growth in its electronic table games market of 6.8 percent through 2027, leading other regions of the world.
- Macau’s gross gambling revenue has continued to improve in November, gaining 25 percent week-on-week, as visitation recovered from a 48 percent drop in October arrivals.
- Macau’s operators say their support of the weekend’s Grand Prix highlights their commitment to helping the city diversify its tourism offering.
On the radar
- Skycity to open flagship Auckland property to vaccinated clients on Dec. 3
- TCSJOHNHUXLEY agrees to buy dice maker Midwest Game Supply
- Macau is a “bright spot” for China outbound tourism, says state media.
- Hotel Okura Manila is scheduled for a soft opening on Dec 28.
- Wynn Resorts’ departing CEO wants to explore opportunities outside of gaming.
- Visitor arrivals to Macau decreased 47.8% month-on-month in October 2021.
- Aquis Entertainment appoints Russell Shields as chairman
What the papers say
- First of six auctions of IPI equipment to be held on Nov 30.
BY THE NUMB3RS
Though the Asian region had initially lagged in vaccinations and tourist border openings, there are quite a few openings already in place and more to come before the end of 2021. In this week’s infographic, we look at how open Asia’s borders will be before the end of the year. We rank each of Asia’s key gaming and tourist destinations by the number of countries’ tourists they have or will allow entry in without quarantine as announced by each country’s government.
- Pragmatic Play launches Super X slot title.
- SJM to hold three-day public vaccination drive at Grand Lisboa.
- Playstudios releases Money Blast for myKONAMI Slots.