Good morning. Crown Resorts will hear in the next two weeks whether it will be allowed to keep its Melbourne casino license following a series of inquiries that will change the face of regulation in Australia. We hear from Jamie Nettleton and Brodie Campbell from Addisons about what one should expect from the Royal Commission report.
What you need to know
- Aristocrat Leisure has proposed a A$5 billion cash offer for the full acquisition of PlayTech plc, a move which will allow the supplier to enter the fast growing online real money gaming segment.
- Okada Manila is gaining a U.S. listing through a merger with a special purpose acquisition vehicle in a deal valuing the operator at $2.6 billion.
- Genting Bhd is on track to reduce its leverage by the end of 2023, even though EBITDA in its primary markets won’t reach pre-pandemic levels until 2024.
- The High Court in Goa has dismissed a petition challenging a ban on locals playing in the state’s casinos.
On the radar
- Macau government has rescheduled four public consultations on the draft gaming law revision to October 22 and 25.
- Macau Gaming Show to hold one-day event on Nov. 17 at Galaxy’s JW Marriott
- Christchurch Casino reopens, but no poker this year
- MBS and RWS have announced tightened entry requirements for entry to their properties.
What the papers say
- IPI files opposition to appointment of receiver to sell off real estate assets
- Macau government announces end of state of immediate prevention from noon Friday
Crown Resorts will hear in the next two weeks whether it will be allowed to keep its Melbourne casino license following a series of inquiries that will change the face of regulation in Australia. Jamie Nettleton and Brodie Campbell, with law firm Addisons, take us through some of the likely outcomes and the implications for casino operations in Australia. Whatever the government decision on Crown following the Royal Commission inquiry, the company can expect to find itself the subject of intense scrutiny from both the media and regulators for the foreseeable future.
- QTech Games secures more premium content with NetEnt deal
- Pragmatic Play saddles up for adventure in mystic chief