Good Morning. Will recently recruited ex-MBS industry juggernaut, Andrew MacDonald, be given enough autonomy to work his magic and turn the tables at Genting Singapore? We bring you Part II of “A tale of two Genting(s)” where Daniel Cheng shares his insights into Singapore’s gaming colossus feud. The courts in Macau and the Philippines have been busy.
To our friends across the water, Happy Labor day!
What you need to know
- Kazuo Okada’s previously ousted board is disputing PAGCOR’s order to reinstate the pre-takeover board as both factions accuse each other of tampering with the Courts’ decisions.
- Suncity’s Alvin Chau high-stakes trial was postponed to September 19 in the absence of 11 of the 21 defendants accused in the proceedings.
On the radar
- Premium Leisure 1H22 net profit up 47 percent at $14.7m.
- Deutsche Bank optimist over Y23, forecasts double Y22 GGR.
- Paradise reports 89 percent growth in August revenues.
ON THE GROUND
Senior industry executive and author Daniel Cheng shares Part II of his on-the-ground insight into Singapore’s colossal operations and how the tables might turn, as the venerable Malaysia resort recruits ex-MBS industry juggernaut, Andrew MacDonald, to lead the charge.
Read Part I of Genting’s Tale first for the full insight.
- BMM grants industry first blockchain certification to Chainlink VRF.