Wednesday, February 28, 2024
HomeNewsCambodiaCentury warns of wider loss on impairments

Century warns of wider loss on impairments

FOLLOW US

Hong Kong-listed Century Entertainment said it expects to post a loss in the year to March 2021 of not less than HK$40 million, mainly due to impairment charges.

The company made a loss of $39.2 million the prior year.

The company said it took an impairment charge of $13.6 million due to the amortisation of assets related to a VIP gaming business in Cambodia. The group chose to terminate the license accord early due to the Covid pandemic.

In addition, the company last year decided to relocate tables from a casino in Sihanoukville to a new property in Dara Sakor. The opening of the resort has been delayed due to Covid.

Company filing

AGBrief Editorial
AGBrief Editorialhttps://agbrief.com/about-asia-gaming-brief/
The AGBrief Editorial Team is a group of contributors living around the world that are connected to Asia Gaming Brief. They are active members in pursuing the sources of our news, making them reliable and accurate for our readers.

RELATED ARTICLES