Good morning. The POGO wars continue. A Philippine senator is now pushing for a total shutdown of the offshore operators within three months, claiming he has the president’s support in doing so. This comes even as PAGCOR has pushed to shut down unlicensed operators and ensure proper reporting, with its Chairman telling AGB that he personally supports the industry and its contributions to the nation. And in Singapore, LVS can finally breathe a sigh of relief, after securing a construction deadline extension for its $3.3 billion Marina Bay Sands expansion project.
What you need to know
- Philippine senator pushes to shut down all POGOs within 3 months, PAGCOR chairman against move, says he will continue to support the industry.
- Las Vegas Sands secures an extension on its construction deadlines for the $3.3 billion Marina Bay Sands expansion just ahead of its expiration.
On the radar
- Genting receives bids of up to $1.5 billion for Miami land.
- Esports popularity encourages betting, but ROI difficult to measure: expert.
- AGTech secures lottery hardware supply for 3 mainland Chinese provinces.
- Macau deactivates Health Code system starting today.
Philippine senator aims to shutter POGOs in three months
A Philippine senator is aiming to close down all offshore gaming operators in the nation within three months, claiming he has the president’s support in doing so. PAGCOR’s chairman has pledged to shut down any unlicensed operators but notes that he supports the industry, especially as it has been cooperating with the current administration and continues to support tens of thousands of jobs.
Continent 8 Technologies: The industry’s trusted infrastructure partner celebrates 25 years of reliable innovation at ASEAN 2023
Continent 8 Technologies is an award-winning, multi-jurisdictional, global network solutions provider that connects, manages, and secures a company’s most valuable information. This year the company celebrates 25 years of reliable innovation, supporting customers’ operations and global growth since 1998 through cutting-edge technology.
Find us at the ASEAN Gaming Summit 2023.
- Affilka wins Best Affiliate Marketing Solution at Asia Gaming Awards.
- Sands China’s Integrated Resorts go dark for Earth Hour 2023.
MEMBERSHIP | MAGAZINE | ASEAN | CAREERS