Good Morning. After a near-miss stampede at the Macau-Zhuhai border, the industry is hoping for a swift recovery, maybe. Moving forward, and further afield, new technologies alongside Big data management will provide for more meaningful human interaction between Casino IR property staff and an empowered customer, industry stakeholders at ASEAN 2022 shared. Check out the insights from the Revamping the Asian IR session at the in-person event in Manila last week, tagged for your ease of reference.
What you need to know
- Tabcorp missed the curve on digital growth, J.P. Morgan hammers.
- Construction progressing at Mohegan’s $5b Inspire in South Korea.
What the papers say
- Sihanoukville to get tough on ‘rogue’ casinos after fatal shooting.
- Macau visitation to reach pre-outbreak volume by Aug: Tourism Rep.
- South Korea to allow visa-free entry for Japan, Taiwan, and Macau.
- Star Gold Coast racing Marina Bay Sands Singapore for hotel rooms.
ASEAN 2022 – FINDINGS
The drive to implement new technologies alongside Big data management will provide for more meaningful human interaction between the Casino IR property staff and an empowered customer, industry stakeholders at ASEAN 2022 shared. The discussion panel included insights from global manufacturers Light & Wonder – Ken Jolly and Aristocrat – Lloyd Robson, Data and Marketing provider TraffGen Global – Andy Caras-Altas, gaming retail operator GMJ – Takeki Furukubo, and was moderated by industry insider Tim Shepherd at Fortuna. The ability to connect the IR customers to out-of-property assets and the integration of innovative and potentially disruptive technology to the gaming floor were some of the topics debated. The metaverse also made an appearance, as the perfect extension for an IR, at some point down the track.
- Play’n GO releases the Leprechaun’s Vault.
- 1xBet new regional gaming partner for PSG.
- Parimatch Tech stronger with GLI certification.
- BETER adds in-play stats to efootball streams.