Good Morning. No such thing as a free lunch. Suncity’s former head Alvin Chau faced the music for his involvement in Macau’s explosive growth, with his 18-year prison sentence confirmed and compensation to the government upped to $3.2 billion. This comes despite Chau being absolved of charges of fraud and other defendants having punishments lessened. Meanwhile, in shinier news, Light & Wonder has acquired the remaining shares in its social casino arm SciPlay, cementing a long-desired push.
What you need to know
- Macau Court acquits Suncity’s former boss of fraud, seals 18-year prison term with no reduction, gov’t compensation increases to $3.2 billion.
- Light & Wonder has announced that it has acquired the remaining public shares of SciPlay, its social gaming arm.
On the radar
- LET Group completed $2.8 million sale of mall operator in Mainland China.
- Imperial Pacific International manager and director resigns.
- Sikkim court: halt on $76 million tax claim against Delta Corp.
Macau courts have sealed the fate of former Suncity junket boss Alvin Chau, cementing his 18-year sentence despite acquitting him of fraud. The former socialite has also seen the values of his companies’ dues to the Macau government increase, to $3.2 billion, over alleged money laundering and illicit gaming offenses, tied to other respondents in the case against Suncity.
In the competitive world of online casinos, having the right partner can make all the difference. DSTGAMING has consistently proven itself as a go-to provider for businesses looking to thrive in the iGaming industry.
1xBet was founded in 2007 and started accepting bets online in 2010. Over the years, 1xBet has become a key player in the sports betting industry and is now one of the top three most visited betting websites.
- NuxGame enhances player experience by integration of new crypto tech.
- IGT ups score in 2023 S&P Global CSA evaluation for 4th year.