Good Morning. The human factor. Something every company has to face, but must be particularly cautious with when it comes to cybersecurity. Continent 8’s Craig Lusher breaks down why investment in preventive infrastructure is key, as hackers grow more innovative in their approaches to breaching gaming operators’ systems. Meanwhile, Marina Bay Sands aims to start its new tower expansion within six months, pending approvals. And in Malaysia, Genting’s earnings expectations have been trimmed by Maybank over tax increases.
What you need to know
- Recent hacks highlighted the need for increased cybersecurity, but companies need to be aware that the human element is their most vulnerable.
- Marina Bay Sands’ new tower expansion to start within six months to one year, depending on approvals: COO.
- Maybank trims Genting Malaysia’s earnings outlook for 2024 and 2025 due to service tax rate increase.
On the radar
- Deutsche Bank lowers MGM China 2024 forecast.
- Philippine hospitality aims for 55,000 new rooms by 2028.
- LVS resumes stock $2 billion buyback scheme after 3-year break.
As much as companies try to mitigate risk, the human factor will continue to be the primary weakness in any security net. Continent 8’s Craig Lusher points out how much enterprises should be investing in their security coverage and what vulnerabilities need to be addressed, as the scope and complexity of hacks evolve.
In the competitive world of online casinos, having the right partner can make all the difference. DSTGAMING has consistently proven itself as a go-to provider for businesses looking to thrive in the iGaming industry.
1xBet was founded in 2007 and started accepting bets online in 2010. Over the years, 1xBet has become a key player in the sports betting industry and is now one of the top three most visited betting websites.
- BGaming launches Scratch Alpaca instant win collection with 3 titles.
- Games Global launches promotional tournament tool Cash Splash.
- Future gambling trends 2023: MegaPari’s expert forecast.