Good morning. Mass market play in Macau is on the rebound this quarter, with analysts at Morgan Stanley predicting $3.4 billion in revenue from the segment, as daily visitation numbers continue to impress. And in the sports betting world, Sportradar delivered strong results in 2022, with expectations this year will be even better, as it adapts its distribution model. Meanwhile, Light & Wonder is considering listing on the Australian Stock Exchange.
What you need to know
- Macau’s mass market gaming revenue is expected to rebound to $3.4 billion in the first quarter, as strong visitation drives spend.
- Sportradar delivers a solid 2022, with growth in both the US and Rest of World markets. Expectations are even higher for this year.
- Light & Wonder is considering a listing on the Australian Stock Exchange, as it seeks to lure in more Aussie investors.
On the radar
- Macau welcomed 57k visitors daily in February.
- Scientific Games appoints new CFO.
- Solaire celebrates 10th anniversary after highest-ever monthly GGR.
- SJM’s Palazzo Versace hotel to open in April.
Analysts at Morgan Stanley are predicting a strong resurgence for Macau’s gaming industry in the first quarter, as results so far have continued to impress. Now predictions are that mass GGR could reach 63 percent of 2019 levels in 1Q23, with Wynn and MGM targeted as gaining more share during the period.
Continent 8 Technologies: The industry’s trusted infrastructure partner celebrates 25 years of reliable innovation at ASEAN 2023
Continent 8 Technologies is an award-winning, multi-jurisdictional, global network solutions provider that connects, manages, and secures a company’s most valuable information. This year the company celebrates 25 years of reliable innovation, supporting customers’ operations and global growth since 1998 through cutting-edge technology.
Find us at the ASEAN Gaming Summit 2023.
- BetConstruct co-founder wins Outstanding Contribution to Gaming Award.
- Sands China and IFTM sign MOU at Co-organised MICE Symposium.