Good Morning. Gaming operators in the Philippines have lofty goals, with estimates the nation’s GGR could reach $10 billion, even as competition increases and leads to further innovation. Meanwhile, Macau continues to roar back, seeing strong figures over the Labor Day holiday, boosted by 500k visitors, predictably hailing largely from mainland China.
What you need to know
- Gaming operators in the Philippines are optimistic about ongoing growth, with $10 billion in GGR feasible in the future.
- Labor Day figures in Macau impressed, as some 500k visitors entered the SAR over the holiday season.
On the radar
- Genting Malaysia raising $112 million to finance IRs.
- Philippines’ government rules to refund POGOs franchise tax.
- Ex-PAGCOR chief to submit evidence on charges.
- Tabcorp and Preston Hotel charged for allowing underage gambling.
Operators say $10 billion in GGR is feasible
Philippine gaming operators and experts indicate that GGR of $10 billion is achievable in the nation sometime in the future, if the current uptrend continues. Competition is getting fiercer, prompting further innovation and investment, even as 2019 levels are already on the horizon within this year.
- Kambi extends sportsbook partnership with long-term partner Paf.
- Endorphina changes the iGaming world.
MEMBERSHIP | MAGAZINE | ASEAN | CAREERS