Good Morning. Senior industry executive and author Daniel Cheng shares his on-the-ground insights of Singapore’s colossal operations and how the tables might turn venerable Genting Malaysia resort outperformed its cosmopolitan peer for the first time. At home, travel restrictions strangled GGR for July in Macau but analysts remain ever optimistic in the upcoming Golden Week.
What you need to know
- Macau GGR leaped four and a half times in August at $272.15 million, within analyst expectations, but down 51 percent on a year-on-year basis.
- Brokerages remain optimistic for September on the opening of Macau borders, the new gaming license concession outcome, as travel restrictions strangled August revenues.
On the radar
- MGM’s public offer for LeoVegas accepted at $604 million.
- NSW receives Crown suitability report, recruits Wexted to advise.
ON THE GROUND
Senior industry executive and author Daniel Cheng shares his on-the-ground insights into Singapore’s two colossal operations and how the tables might turn as the venerable Genting Malaysia resort outperforms its cosmopolitan peer for the first time. The dice have rolled in an attempt to rein in MBS and also keep a resurgent RWG at bay.
Tune in on Monday for Part II.
- Fred Leung to lead Asia Poker Tour rebrand as CEO.
- Football legend Luís Figo visits Digitain’s HQ in Yerevan.
- Soft2Bet establishes partnership with Stakelogic.
- Flows signs Pragmatic Play for no-code automation.