Good Morning. Hoiana has had a bumpy launch, holding its soft opening in the middle of the pandemic. However, newly appointed CMO, Jit Ng, sees a bright future for tourism in the central Vietnam region and for the resort. In today’s Face-to-Face interview, Ng tells us how he plans to position the Hoiana brand as a leading luxury experience and discusses marketing strategies.
The AGB Team is observing Labour Day and will return to your inbox with your daily Asia Gaming eBrief on Tuesday. Meanwhile, stay safe!
What you need to know
- Sands China 1Q22 earnings missed analysts’ expectations but management is expecting a strong rebound due to pent up demand next year, analysts say.
- Clairvest rejected allegations that its financing plan for an IR bid in Wakayama was “unclear” and will continue to look for opportunities in Japan.
- PAGCOR is expecting its income from gaming to double this year, Chair Andrea Domingo told a virtual forum.
- Belle Corp. share of gaming revenue from the CoD Manila dropped 20 percent in the first quarter due to Covid restrictions and ongoing border closures.
On the radar
- AUSTRAC signs information sharing MOU with VIC gaming regulator.
- Aquis Entertainment said casino activity at pre-Covid levels from February.
- Macau GGR seen at 2021 levels if visitation returns: Fong.
- Macau hotel occupancy drops to 30.4 percent in March.
What the papers say
- Macau gaming entering a different cycle, boom times not likely seen again.
- Guangdong begins mass testing, cancels hundreds of flights.
- IPI asks federal court to dismiss wrongful termination suit, denies allegations.
Vietnam’s Hoiana resort, whose grand opening has been pushed back due to the pandemic, is finally welcoming tourists again and Chief Marketing Officer, Jit Ng sees strong potential in the country’s tourism market once restrictions are fully lifted. In today’s Face-to-Face interview, Ng talks to us about the positioning of the Hoiana brand as a luxury destination and the changing use of influencers in the resort’s marketing strategy.
- Scientific Games boosts OpenGaming platform with Konami Gaming accord
- Soft2Bet says it obtained a license to operate in Ireland
- Engelbrecht-Bresges elected president of intl equestrian sport body.
- Light and Wonder completes name and ticker symbol changes.