Good morning. PAGCOR is highly optimistic that this is the year to “bounce back“, after remaining resilient through COVID. Speaking at the ASEAN Gaming Summit, the group’s GM says the gaming industry can still “blaze a trail” and create new opportunities for growth. Also at the summit, the operators of South Korea’s upcoming INSPIRE resort and Vietnam’s Hoiana Resort & Golf note that higher-end players seeking luxury will drive their growth, which is less reliant on China, but that Macau’s losses will be their gains.
What you need to know
- PAGCOR GM says that the Philippines’ gaming industry will “blaze a trail” and that 2023 “is a time for bouncing back” in a keynote at the ASEAN 2023.
- South Korea’s INSPIRE and Vietnam’s Hoiana Resort & Golf are set to benefit from Macau’s losses in higher-end clientele, say management.
On the radar
- Solaire operator pulls out of Emerald Bay project in Cebu.
- Manpower and transportation seen as barriers for Macau: experts.
- Regulation the key to improvements in Asian sports betting market: expert.
- Three tiers for Thailand casinos to provide casino scale possibilities: expert.
PAGCOR GM says that industry can still “blaze a trail”
Strong resilience through COVID and improvements to frameworks and regulations will allow the Philippines’ gaming industry to “blaze a trail“ this year, and going forward, notes PAGCOR’s GM. Speaking at the ASEAN Gaming Summit, Daniel Cecilio notes that both the local and international markets are improving and “this year is a time for bouncing back“.
Continent 8 Technologies: The industry’s trusted infrastructure partner celebrates 25 years of reliable innovation at ASEAN 2023
Continent 8 Technologies is an award-winning, multi-jurisdictional, global network solutions provider that connects, manages, and secures a company’s most valuable information. This year the company celebrates 25 years of reliable innovation, supporting customers’ operations and global growth since 1998 through cutting-edge technology.
Find us at the ASEAN Gaming Summit 2023.
- Light & Wonder to debut five new casino game titles exclusively at IGA 2023.
- EvenBet Gaming publishes e-book that addresses poker launch challenges.
Meet at ASEAN 2023
MEMBERSHIP | MAGAZINE | ASEAN | CAREERS