Good Morning. Sportradar’s CEO is keen on Asia, despite rampant success in other markets, noting that the key is to market products that go beyond betting. In an exclusive interview, Carsten Koerl notes that an all-in-one approach can take Asian sportsbooks to the next level, leveraging live play. Moving to Japan, Osaka’s governor says that delays to the country’s first IR won’t cause damage, as it can coincide with the Osaka-Kansai Expo, noting traditional Japanese culture will distinguish the resort from its regional peers.
What you need to know
- Exclusive interview with Sportradar CEO: Carsten Koerl is betting hard on Asia, but targeting a whole sales approach, based on live play.
- Osaka’s governor discounts concerns over potential delays to the Osaka IR, saying that Japanese culture will make the resort shine.
On the radar
- Newport World Resorts GGR rises 36 percent in 1Q23.
- DigiPlus returns to profit, topping $7.77mln, as bingo operations shine.
- Melco rating upgraded due to Macau’s fast recovery: S&P.
- Number of overseas/Taiwan tourists still low in Macau: MGTO.
- 23 arrested in Hong Kong over football match-fixing probe.
Sportradar’s CEO bullish on Asia
Live play is the key, says Sportradar’s CEO in an exclusive interview, noting that the phenomenal growth potential of Asia is driving its investments in the region, despite strong metrics from the US and other markets. A strong focus on live play is what the group is leveraging, but providing a comprehensive package to sportsbooks allows it to enter more markets, and target more customers – whether they’re betting or not.
- Galaxy Gaming and Evolution extend licensing agreement for 10 Years.
G2E Asia Singapore 2023
- Sega Sammy Creation to unveil standalone multi ETG at G2E Asia 2023.
MEMBERSHIP | MAGAZINE | ASEAN | CAREERS