Good morning. Macau has made it plainly clear that the new concession attribution was all about maintaining current employment, with a Secretary outing the goods without any remorse for further contenders. Macau faces further headwinds under new COVID protocols, as Steve Wynn’s investigations continue.
What you need to know
- Employment is the “highest priority” says Macau’s Secretary for Economy and Finance, clarifying concerns over the new concessions.
On the radar
- Steve Wynn facing racketeering charges.
- Macau facing new China arrival NAT measures.
- Calvin Lim elected as member of board of LL Lucky Games.
Macau’s social secretary blatantly defined the criteria for the new casino concessions, noting that employment was the main factor in concessions receiving a license. The clarification places in question the criteria over Genting’s bid and further solidifies the government’s onus on local employment over all other factors.
- Pragmatic Play inks agreement with Azerion.