Good morning. PAGCOR has announced that it’s going to be changing the technical standards for EGMs, but only from January 1st of next year, with all machines installed before then not needing to follow the new measures. Also in the Philippines, the ASEAN Gaming Summit has officially kicked off! The three-day event in Manila opens with a keynote from PAGCOR Chairman Alejandro H. Tengco, launching three days of insights from top experts, with hundreds gathered in the event’s biggest edition yet!
What you need to know
- PAGCOR is going to implement new technical standards for EGMs, effective in January 2024, only applicable to machines installed after the date.
- ASEAN Gaming Summit launches in Manila today! Opening keynote delivered by PAGCOR Chairman, with wealth of other conference and expo content.
On the radar
- The Star pleads guilty to breaking Queensland casino legislation: report.
- Let’s Win Club celebrates Grand Opening at Hoiana Resort on March 24th.
- Hann Resorts secures $165 million loan for development of Hann Reserve.
- Melco group ratings outlook remains negative: Moody’s.
PAGCOR implementing new EGM standards in 2024
PAGCOR is planning to implement new EGM technical standards, in its first update in nearly a decade. The move follows Macau’s push to update, first pushed in 2021 and to be finalized by 2026. Philippine operators will still be able to install machines that aren’t up to the new standards until January 1st of 2024, after which all must fit the new requirements.
Continent 8 Technologies: The industry’s trusted infrastructure partner celebrates 25 years of reliable innovation at ASEAN 2023
Continent 8 Technologies is an award-winning, multi-jurisdictional, global network solutions provider that connects, manages, and secures a company’s most valuable information. This year the company celebrates 25 years of reliable innovation, supporting customers’ operations and global growth since 1998 through cutting-edge technology.
Find us at the ASEAN Gaming Summit 2023.
- TransAct Technologies names new Global Chief Revenue Officer.
- Yggdrasil creates a buzz with new launch Bugs Money.
Meet at ASEAN 2023
MEMBERSHIP | MAGAZINE | ASEAN | CAREERS