Good Morning. South Korea outbound tourists will likely become the most sought after market for Asia’s integrated resort operators this year, given China’s continued zero-covid stance, and Japan’s slow restart of international travel. In today’s AGB Podcast, we speak to Dr. Jaeyeon Choe, a South Korea tourist expert about the expected surge of South Korean tourists and her top tips to attract them to your resort.
What you need to know
- SJM Holdings’ debt rating has been cut by Moody’s due to concern about its weak cash flow and delays in refinancing its debt.
- Some frequent gamblers to Macau are having their visas turned down by Chinese authorities, further holding back GGR growth: Bernstein.
- Macau’s Court of Final Appeal has ruled that operators and junkets are jointly liable for client deposits in all nine cases presented before the court.
On the radar
- MGM China board agrees to grant 480,000 share options.
- Sega Sammy profit surges on pachinko / pachislot sales.
Dr. Jaeyeon Choe, a lecturer at Swansea University and expert on Korean outbound travel trends chats with Asia Gaming Brief editor Felix Ng about the South Korean outbound tourist and how they’ve changed post-pandemic. We also discuss top tips for catering to this tourist at your Asia-based integrated resort.
- 1XBet signs sponsorship agreement with esports leader OG.