Good Morning. We recently had the pleasure of catching up with gaming industry veteran Dennis Andreaci, during our conversation, we asked him which gaming markets he’s most excited about. In today’s On The Ground, we hear exactly what those markets are and why.
What you need to know
- Bloomberry’s share of the mass market slipped in the fourth quarter, with the company showing a mixed performance compared to its peers, according to Morgan Stanley.
- Macau’s operators won’t face higher taxes or fees as a result of amendments to the city’s gaming law, the head of a Legislative Committee reviewing the changes has confirmed.
- Kangwon Land has witnessed a strong uptick in daily visitation and casino sales, particularly from mass visitors, after extending its casino operating hours to 13 hours, according to a note from Shinhan Investment Corp.
- Register now: ASEAN Gaming Summit 2022 Pop-Up Forum to cover the latest developments surrounding the Philippines Inland Gaming Operator (PIGO) scheme on March 21, 2022 (Zoom Webinar).
On the radar
- SkyCity plans recruitment drive as NZ borders reopen.
- Star Entertainment seeing “substantially” higher average visitor spend.
What the papers say
- Casinos to remain important measure to promote Japan tourism, PM says.
- Cambodian police arrest another 200 NagaWorld workers.
- Court affirms CNMI order suspending IPI casino license.
ON THE GROUND
Improving infrastructure and the return of international tourism will see integrated resorts in the Philippines’ Clark and Cebu regions, and the IRs in Vietnam tipped for a strong rebound over the next few years, says industry veteran Dennis Andreaci. “During the early days of Manila, Macau was seen as the greatest gaming market in the world – with customers going to Macau many times a year. Back then, we said: if you can get some of those customers to come to Manila just once every ten trips, then you already have an incredible market. It’s now the same thing for Clark.”
Our large portfolio of slot games and state-of-the-art cabinets provide a unique selection of games that can be tailored to any property’s unique player demographic. LT’s new Jackpot Series, which contains a group of high denomination games, has just been approved for the Macau market. Jackpot Series games are straightforward and perfectly suited for high-denomination areas.
Zitro has introduced a new and exciting gaming experience with its latest release in the progressive group: Wheel of Legends – a 4 level – Multi game Progressive Link with four exclusive games and unique themed features.Wheel of Legends, featured on the superb Altius Glare cabinet, has grown to become one of slot players’ favorite multi games, thanks to its stunning graphics, its advanced LED lighting technology and its premium sound effects.
- Challenger gets capital injection from Jim Murren’s Acies Investments.
- Esports Entertainment appoints Damian Matthews as CFO.
- Government Blockchain Association appoints Earle Hall to board.