Good Morning. The Macau Chief Executive is expecting a gradual resumption of quarantine-free individual travel visas scheme in the city’s recovery plan. Meanwhile, Thailand downgraded Covid to a flu and HK is pushing for further reductions. Circling back, Wynn Resorts posted a $13m loss for 2Q22 but management maintains it’s confident Macau’s rebound. Looking forward, it turns out that a cyber attack is likely to happen to you too. Industry stakeholders at ASEAN 2022 argued that the process needs to start at Board level with a solid strategy to protect the business from ever more sophisticated threats.
What you need to know
- Wynn Resorts misses estimate, posts net loss of $13 mln in 2Q22, but management remains “confident” the market will bound back over time.
- AGTech China lottery sales were up across most provinces but the Alibaba promoted enterprise still posted a net loss of $14 million for 2Q22.
On the radar
- Macau CE touts recovery plan on quarantine-free individual travel visas.
ASEAN 2022 – FINDINGS
Cybersecurity starts at Board level all the way through the diligent training of staff and the implementation of solid AI/ machine learning protocols, in a never-ending quest to safeguard your operation, industry stakeholders convening at ASEAN 2022 shared. The number of attacks has grown parallel with the industry’s pivoting to a remote work environment while the level of sophistication of the attacks reaches new heights. The discussion aimed at raising awareness for cybersecurity as most likely, it will happen to you too, and you need to be prepared. Insights shared by Peter Williams and Leon Allen from Continent 8, Weiyang Wang and Kevin Hsin from Gaia, moderated by NYCE CEO Harmen Brenninkmeijer. The footage is tagged for your ease of reference.
The report is part of an ASEAN 2022 series, bringing you discussions around the industry’s challenges and opportunities at the in-person event in Manila. Tune in tomorrow for the Philippines Regional operators’ Property Updates.
- Pinnacle Solution strikes blockchain partnership with Azuro.
- Twain Sport partners with Sportradar for integrity services.
- Interblock appoints Marco Herrera as new EMEA president.
- FeedConstruct expands reach with NetBet partnership.
- Digitain extends footprint on Kazakhstan market with Pin-Up.