Good Morning. Last week, we lifted the veil on what the future holds for web interaction, digital content consumption, e-commerce, and the final frontier between the real and digital world – the metaverse. This week, we discuss a number of unique opportunities that the metaverse presents to the gambling industry, both online and brick-and-mortar.
What you need to know
- More needs to be done to promote responsible gaming as a concept separate from gambling addiction, or harm, to make significant progress in the field, experts said.
- Hong Kong may delay mass testing for Covid as it shifts its focus to reducing deaths and caring for the elderly, the South China Morning Post reports, citing sources.
- Aristocrat Leisure says it has been assisting its Ukraine-based employees and their families relocate, while it has suspended the operation of its mobile games in Russia amid the ongoing crisis.
- Macau lawmaker Andrew Chan Chak Mo says that the gaming industry amendment bill will give powers to the government to put a maximum cap on gaming tables and slot machines, as well as reducing individual table numbers and slot machines for concessionaires based on their usage.
On the radar
- LRWC says board approves share sale to raise PHP2.09b.
- IGSA appoints John English as chairman, Earle Hall as vice chairman.
- IGT, SG contributes to AGEM gains in February.
What the papers say
- Cambodian authorities arrest a further 180 striking NagaCorp employees.
- IPI finds funds to pay security guards, 10 out of 15 construction workers.
- Number of non-resident workers falls 3.7 percent in 2021.
- Wakayama governor seeks extraordinary meeting to seek yes vote on IR proposal.
In this week’s deep dive into the metaverse, we discuss a number of unique opportunities for the gambling industry, both online and brick-and-mortar. For online gaming and wagering companies, the metaverse will certainly become the primary way that next-gen customers will want to gamble, says Earle Hall, CEO of Axes.Ai, a blockchain and gambling technology expert. “The metaverse will provide a media-rich, deeply personalized gaming experience that will rival the best video games in our parallel gaming segment.”
- Novomatic introduces the Diamond X 2.32 cabinet combining style and function.
- M88 Mansion appointed as official partner of Badminton World Federation.
- Pragmatic Play marks International Women’s Day with $10,800 donation to SOAR.