Good morning. Much has changed in the Asian igaming sphere. Rising online gaming revenues have brought fierce competition. The big guys flourished, the small ones folded, and more than a few have faded away. Industry veteran Alex Czajkowski distils what he believes are the five most essential ingredients of success in today’s competitive igaming landscape: what he calls the “Five Ps+” of iGaming.
What you need to know
Macau GGR dropped 26% in Oct. from the prior month in the worst performance so far this year, but government figures show that visitation is picking up to top 30,000 a day.
The regulatory risk due to amendments in Macau’s gaming law may be lower than stock market investors are currently pricing in, Morgan Stanley wrote in a note.
Genting Group’s U.S. operations are maintaining their post-Covid recovery momentum and continue to provide a positive contribution to earnings, Nomura said.
Japan’s election outcome is positive news for the country’s IR industry and in particular for the chances of the MGM Resorts/Orix consortium in Osaka after surprise gains by the Ishin To Party.
On the radar
- Japan to ease quarantine restrictions to three days for business travellers
- Asia Pioneer Entertainment 9-month revenue plunges 86%, but loss narrows
- Authorities investigating accident at Galaxy construction site injuring five
What the papers say
- Cambodia reopens the country fully after hitting vaccination targets
- “Rich boss” running a gambling club targeting Malay VIPs
- IPI Treasury Director Frances Mafnas resigns
ONLINE DEEP DIVE
It’s been an interesting twelve months for the Asian igaming industry. Rising online gaming revenues have brought more competition than ever before. The big guys flourished, the small ones folded, and more than a few have faded away. In this changing landscape, igaming expert Alex Czajkowski outlines what he calls the “Five Ps+” of iGaming. These are what he says are the five most essential ingredients in today’s competitive landscape. These are product, personalization, processing, presentation and plan B!
- OpenBet processes 65,000 bets per minute during Melbourne Cup
- Yggdrasil signs NA distribution deal with IGT
- BtoBet Awarded Multi-Channel Supplier Award
- eSports.Studio, umbrella domains, to go under the hammer