Good Morning. Emerging stronger. That’s what top manufacturers said about the post-pandemic period, having used the downturn to prepare for the surge that they’re now experiencing, with continued strength in key segments and strong growth in emerging markets. One key such market is the Philippines, with analysts predicting GGR in the nation could reach at least $10 billion by 2027. Meanwhile, Marina Bay Sands prepares to tap into some $7.2 billion in bank loans to fund the buildout of its iconic property.
What you need to know
- Industry manufacturers and service providers are excited about the post-COVID era, with new offerings and surging markets.
- GGR in the Philippines is expected to hit a minimum of $10 billion by the full year of 2027, according to GCG Gaming Advisory Services.
- Marina Bay Sands is preparing to tap some $7.4 bln in bank loans in order to fund its expansion, according to reports.
On the radar
- MGM Resorts unveils vision for New York casino.
- Far East Consortium: 14% increase in GGR, no mention of Queen’s Wharf.
- NZ court rules in favor of SkyCity over compensation for Auckland car park.
- Konami Gaming poaches Eric Schultz for VP of Studio Operations role.
- Delta Corp moves into real estate sector with JV with Peninsula Land.
- Macau Airport passenger volume lags behind pre-pandemic levels.
Manufacturers are riding the wave of a resurgence in the Asian gaming space, which is expected to propel them strongly into 2024 and beyond. Speaking to AGB at the MGS Entertainment Show, top manufacturers expressed the continued strength of Macau, boom of the Philippines and emergence of new demand in developing markets.
Since 2007, 1xBet has grown from a small startup to a giant in the sports betting industry. Today, the company successfully operates worldwide, and the bookmaker’s website and app are visited by millions of players monthly.
- M80 teams up with Shikenso Analytics to measure partner performance.
- Play’n GO launches latest grid slot title in Reactoonz series: Gargantoonz.