Good Morning. XB Net recently partnered with India’s North Alley in a deal to provide streaming and wagering services from the U.S. and Australia to the Indian market. In today’s podcast, XB Net Senior Vice President International, Simon Fraser, tells us about how India’s wagering industry has moved online since the pandemic, opening up new opportunities. He discusses the market potential in India and some of the latest trends in the horse racing industry.
What you need to know
- Macau’s GGR rose 11 percent week-on-week, but visitation remains subdued and the May holidays are likely to be weaker than earlier anticipated, Bernstein notes.
- Goa has finalized rules that will streamline and regulate casinos in the state and set out the powers of the casino commissioner.
- Deutsche Bank analysts have trimmed their estimates for 1Q22 revenue and EBITDA at Scientific Games due to lower SciPlay margins and an adjustment in the timing of product sales, which now look more weighted to the second half.
On the radar
- Summit Ascent calls Manila IR a “fast pass” to pan-Asian gaming market.
- AGTech expects 1Q22 loss to narrow by 60%, helped by Macau Pass.
- Wynn says remaining Dore-linked cases “without merit and unfounded”.
- Crane Co. net income down 3.1% in 1Q22, CEO says split on track.
What the papers say
- Beijing kicks off mass testing after spike in Covid cases.
- Sun Entertainment Group changes name, ditches reference to Suncity.
XB Net is keen to further expand its presence in India’s growing horse racing industry, which since the pandemic has been allowed to go online, creating major opportunities. Senior Vice President International Simon Fraser tells us about the company’s recent tie-up with India’s North Alley to provide streaming and wagering services from the U.S. and Australia and discusses the market potential in India, as well as the latest trends in the global racing industry.
- Pragmatic Play adds archaeological-themed slot game to portfolio.
- Global Gaming Awards coming to Asia virtually in 2022.