Good Morning. India’s online skill-based market continues to attract international interest, with most analysts predicting rapid growth. In this week’s Face-to-Face interview, Hussain Naqi, founder of Inside The Pocket and WonderWins, tells us how he has pivoted out of a successful career in the NFL to launch a Daily Fantasy Sports offering in India in partnership with ESPN’s Cricinfo.
What you need to know
- DFNN, a technology company that offers online gaming in the Philippines, said 4Q21 revenue rose 15%, boosted by its interactive businesses.
- Macau has tightened its requirements for visitors from Zhuhai, while Shenzhen bordering Hong Kong is eyeing an “orderly” return to work after lockdowns.
- A senior manager for Star Entertainment has admitted misleading one of Australia’s biggest banks over the use of China Union Pay within the group’s casinos.
- Macau legislator Chan Chak Mo has supported the proposal that grants the CE discretionary powers to revoke gaming concessions should they breach national security, administrative sanctions, or other contractual obligations.
- Rodrigo Duterte has justified the continuation of e-sabong (online cockfighting) operations, despite calls from senators to suspend it as a result of 34 missing persons connected to the sport.
On the radar
- Belle Corp. revenue from CoD Manila doubles in 2021.
- Court rejects Imperial Pacific’s appeal over license suspension.
- Macau Feb. visitor arrivals down 5.6% from Jan. despite CNY.
- Lotte Tour hiring another 200 staff as business picks up.
What the papers say
- Local opposition growing in all three cities planning Japan IR bid.
- MGM Resorts/Orix no plans to exercise Osaka IR escape clause.
- Junket sub-agents must now have Macau ID.
- Covid-test requirement for Zhuhai reduced to 24 hours.
Inside The Pocket and WonderWins this week launched a major new initiative with ESPN’s Cricinfo to launch into India’s Daily Fantasy Sport space. In this week’s Face-to-Face, Inside The Pocket founder Hussain Naqi talks to us about the huge market potential he sees in India and how he aims to carve out a distinctive niche.
- Pragmatic Play launches Rainbow Gold in time for St. Patrick’s Day.
- Esports Technologies nominated in SiGMA Asia awards for best esports product.