Good Morning. Skill and interest levels in poker continue to rise in Asia, with tournaments acting as major draws for those seeking a thrill. The President of the Asian Poker Tour says that land-based play continues to be a major draw, with their upcoming event in Taipei testament to how everyone – from high-rollers to hobbyists – can play a hand. Meanwhile, Wynn Macau’s fourth quarter EBITDA results neared decade-high levels, boosted by mass play and expense reductions.
What you need to know
- The level and breadth of poker play in Asia is on the rise, with in-person events still a major draw, says the Asian Poker Tour’s President.
- Wynn Macau’s 4Q23 EBITDA margin surpassed 2019 levels, nearing a 10-year high due to outperformance in cost control and mass growth, says JP Morgan
On the radar
- Crown clears CEO Ciaran Carruthers of any law breaches, following complaint.
- Mohegan INSPIRE announces March resort opening, month-wide concert series.
- HKSE delisting decision made against Imperial Pacific International.
- Lotte Tour net losses narrow to $153M, despite sharp sales growth in 2023.
- Macau on track to receive nearly 1 million tourists for CNY break.
- Guangdong arrests 770 individuals over gambling crimes in special operation.
FACE TO FACE
More tournaments, increasing offerings, better accessibility and more online following are all boosting the level of Asian poker play, notes Neil Johnson, President of the Asian Poker Tour. Ahead of the group’s 12-day event in Taipei, the expert points out the difference between the skill game and casino games, as well as the opportunities and threats from AI and vlogging.
1xBet is writing a success story with you and is happy to share its achievements in 2023. During 2023, 1xBet extended sponsorship agreements with world-famous sports clubs, cooperated with new partners and ambassadors, collected awards, and paid millions of dollars in winnings!
- Light & Wonder announces exclusivity agreement with Crucible Gaming.
- Evoplay introduces feature-filled Legacy of the Sages.
Registrations for the 2024 ASEAN Gaming Summit, the calendar conference of excellence of the gaming industry in the region, are officially open. Scheduled from 19th to 21st March 2024, the Summit is the gateway to the Next-Gen of gaming in Asia.