The director of Macau government’s tourism office (MGTO) says that the resumption of group tours from China is still a long way off, despite 80 percent of the population now vaccinated against Covid-19.
On Friday, MGTO Director Maria Helena de Senna Fernandes told local media outlet Lusa that the SAR was close to resuming group tours last year, but was thwarted after a few small outbreaks.
“We continue to try to resume excursions, but we are still a little far from that goal,” she said.
Fernandes confirmed that the Mainland government has not set any vaccination targets for the resumption of group tours.
“We have to be patient and continue to demonstrate that Macau is a safe city,” she said, speaking at a seminar on the future of tourism in the post-pandemic region.