Good Morning. Last week, Asia Pioneer Entertainment announced the creation of a new unit to focus on opportunities in the metaverse to diversify its revenues. Though the press release didn’t tell us too much about their plans, Tony Chan, executive director of APE gave AGB one of the first glances into their prototype metaverse project, which they call “Mini-Macau.”
What you need to know
- Grand Korea Leisure reported a 334 percent spike in March casino sales from the prior month, led primarily by gains in table games.
- NagaCorp on Tuesday announced a shake-up of its senior level management, which is aimed at injecting “new vitality” into the management of the group.
- Crown Melbourne is facing fines of up to $100 million for their role in enabling the illegal transfer of funds from China using China Union Pay.
- CCC board chair Edward DeLeon Guerrero has expressed frustration over Imperial Pacific’s “runaround” after the company requested five more years to finish construction of its resort in Garapan.
- Light & Wonder on Monday announced it has completed the sale of its Lottery Business to Brookfield Business Partners L.P. for $5.8 billion.
On the radar
- Macau study into worker turnover shows areas for potential improvement.
- Nepal govt revokes license of three more casinos for failure to pay fees.
- GLI names Felix Lai as customer service representative for Asia.
- Landing International says industry veteran Yeung Lo quits as executive director.
Wai Ming Yap
What the papers say
- Kerala police bust gambling racket, arrest seven people.
- South Korea’s Kangwon Land extends opening hours from Monday, April 4th.
Last week, Macau-based EGE distributor Asia Pioneer Entertainment Holdings officially announced its diversification into the metaverse. Today, Tony Chan, CFO executive director of Asia Pioneer Entertainment Holdings gives AGB never-before-seen insight into their metaverse plans, including “Mini-Macau”, which he expects to change the game in integrated resort marketing.
- Evoplay launched themed NFTs in support of Ukraine.