The International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR) has announced the launch of its new awards program, the International Regulatory Awards, and is now inviting members to nominate their outstanding regulatory efforts.
To make a nomination, head to the awards page. Nominations are open from 15 June until 31 July 2021.
“There has never been a greater need for gaming regulators to be innovative in their regulatory practice,” says Catherine Myers, IAGR Trustee and CEO of the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation in Australia.
“The International Regulatory Awards offer a unique opportunity to acknowledge and recognize exceptional regulators who are helping to drive the industry forward. They provide a platform to promote success, share ideas, and inspire other gaming regulators across the globe.”
Winners to be announced at IAGR2021
IAGR will announce the award winners at a gala dinner as part of the IAGR2021 conference in Boston in September.
The awards tie in closely with the theme of IAGR 2021: Disrupting the Regulator – Sparking innovation in regulatory practice.
Ticket sales for the IAGR 2021 are now open. Grab your ticket here.
Nominations welcome across five categories
The awards capture a breadth of positive initiatives in gaming regulation from across the world. Nominations are welcome from all fully accredited IAGR members.
An international judging panel will be assembled over the coming weeks, tasked with selecting winners from the following five categories:
- International regulator of the year – recognizing exemplary leadership and accomplishment in regulatory policy and practice
- Regulatory excellence – recognizing excellence in gaming policy and regulation
- Regulatory innovation – recognizing a new or innovative policy and regulatory approaches
- Best regulatory campaign – recognizing the most creative, compelling, and impactful responsible gambling/safer gambling communication campaign
- Regulatory rising star – recognizing an emerging public policy and regulatory leader
The panel of confirmed judges includes:
- Ben Haden – UK Gambling Commission
- Thulisizwe Johnson – Botswana Gambling Authority
- Caroline Kongwa – National Gambling Board South Africa
- Jason Lane – Jersey Gambling Commission
- Catherine Myers – Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (Australia)
- Paul Newson – Senet Advisory (Australia)
- Trudy Smit Quosai – Greo (Canada)
- A representative from International Masters of Gaming Law (IMGL) – TBC
IAGR encourages all jurisdictions to get involved and use this opportunity to celebrate great work.
The full awards criteria and rules are available on the awards page.