Good Morning. All eyes are again on Vietnam, as a $2 billion proposed integrated resort in Van Don, equipped with a casino, is raising eyebrows. Expert Ben Lee points out that Sun Group is behind the project, leveraging its extensive real estate and hospitality experience, and taking advantage of the new airport it built in the area. Meanwhile, in Macau, SJM has officially opened its Palazzo Versace hotel, marking the latest attempt by the company to place the Grand Lisboa Palace on the map.
What you need to know
- Sun Group leveraging its growth for a $2 billion integrated resort in Van Don. Expert Ben Lee looks at the possibilities in this week’s Under the Scope.
- SJM officially opened Palazzo Versace Macau, its latest addition to the Cotai integrated resort on Tuesday.
On the radar
- Visa-free policy with few impacts on Malaysia’s gaming industry: Maybank.
- Macau hotel occupancy rate tops 82.8 percent in October.
- Emperor Entertainment reports turnaround to $1.5 mln in profit in 1H23.
- Miriam Adelson selling $2 billion in LVS stock to buy sports franchise.
UNDER THE SCOPE
Real estate developer and Vietnamese hospitality giant Sun Group is set to be the developer of the proposed $2 billion integrated resort, featuring a casino, in Van Don – in northeastern Vietnam’s Quang Ninh province. In this week’s Under the Scope, expert Ben Lee points out how the group is well-positioned to take advantage of being one of two companies in the nation to allow locals to gamble, while also leveraging junket play.
Since 2007, 1xBet has grown from a small startup to a giant in the sports betting industry. Today, the company successfully operates worldwide, and the bookmaker’s website and app are visited by millions of players monthly.
- Slotegrator shares a basic guide to iGaming cybersecurity.
- Push Gaming explores a rarely seen side of leprechauns in Shamrock Saints.