Good Morning. Voxbet is prototyping a Cantonese voice betting technology with an Asia’s leading horse racing clubs which eases navigation through your typical content-heavy sports betting site. In today’s Face-to-Face interview, managing director Jonathan Power takes us through some of the benefits of bypassing what can be a lengthy and frustrating process for someone who knows what they need and just want to place a bet.
At home, local Macau operators Galaxy and Melco posted tamed results for a horrid 2Q22. Figures aside, brokerages maintain bullish stances while revising forecasts. Have a great weekend!
What you need to know
- Despite bleak 2Q22 figures, the near-term sluggish outlook throughout the year brokerages J.P. Morgan and Bernstein remain bullish on Galaxy.
- Lukewarm numbers have not made an impact on leading brokerages Bernstein and J.P. Morgan take on Melco 2Q22 results.
- Jefferies is “still waiting for the players” to return to Macau as revenues burnt more than expected when once there was ‘hope’ of a recovery.
- MELCO widens loss on Macau travel restrictions to $251m for 2Q22.
- Galaxy 2Q22 reports a net loss of $850m, restriction impact.
On the radar
- Macau non-gaming visitor spend slashed in half for 2Q22
- Mere 210 visitors flew to Macau in July 2022: official.
Sportsbetting software developer Voxbet has developed technology that will allow punters to place a bet through voice technology on horse racing. Once perfected in Cantonese, Voxbet plans to tackle the rest of Asia. The company has been a pioneer in using new tech to improve the ease of navigation through often complex sports betting websites, with its text-a-bet service already live with some of Europe’s largest bookies. Managing director Jonathan Power tells us in this week’s Face-to-Face interview that the next step is expansion into Asia, where it’s working on a prototype of the voice service in Cantonese, with a major Asian racing club.
- MGM Resorts disburses $2m in grants to US nonprofits.
- BETER presents Sic Bo variant, invests heavily on side bets.