Construction work not related to Landing IR

Landing International, the company behind the new proposed family-centric IR in Manila, says construction work for its new IR has not yet begun, despite reports from a local media outlet.

On Monday, a local outlet reported that earthmoving had begun on Landing’s 9.6-hectare parcel of land in Entertainment City, which includes the use of “bulldozers, backhoes, graders, cement mixers.”

However, in a statement from Landing International, sent to Asia Gaming Brief, a spokesperson clarified that the equipment belongs to an adjacent site and is unrelated to Landing’s site.

“Other than site hoarding and clearing of the land, we have not commenced any construction works since our groundbreaking on 7 August,” said the spokesperson.

Earlier this month, President Duterte sacked the entire board of Nayong Pilipino (NPF), Landing’s local partner in the project, for putting together a lease deal that he said was “grossly disadvantageous” to the state.

The president also vowed to disallow any additional casinos during his presidency.

At the same time, Philippines Justice Minister Menardo Guevarra clarified last week that the removal of the NPF board did not affect the implementation of the project.

Guevarra has ordered a review of the lease agreement for the casino project.