The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (Pagcor) has ordered Resorts World Manila to cease all gaming operations pending the results of the investigation of the casino attack involving a lone gunman last week.
Resorts World is owned by Travellers International Hotel Group Inc, a joint venture of the Philippines’ Alliance Global Group Inc and Genting Hong Kong Ltd.
Resorts World was ordered to “cease and desist all gaming operations pending investigation and final determination by PAGCOR of RWM’s liability,” according to a statement on the Pagcor website on June 9.
“The said suspension will remain until RWM rectifies its serious security lapses and deficiencies – which caused not only the loss of lives and damaged properties – but also placed the Philippine gaming, tourism and hospitality industries in bad light.”
Non-compliance with the order will cause PAGCOR to impose other sanctions as may be warranted under existing laws, warned the regulator.
In addition, Pagcor is also requiring all integrated resorts to submit a report on their security and safety protocols in light of the tragic incident.
Meanwhile, Resorts World Manila has engaged the services of international security firm Blackpanda to review its safety protocols, Rappler reports.
“We are determined to regain people’s trust after the tragic incident last week,” RWM COO Stephen Reilly said in a statement on Friday.
“The recent breach in our security and the resulting loss of lives is truly regrettable and we cannot let it happen again,” Reilly said.
Blackpanda specializes in crisis response, risk management, and security consulting.