The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) is due to deliberate on what sanctions will be imposed against Resorts World Manila following last week’s casino attack.
The incident at RWM involving a lone gunman claimed the lives of 38 individuals and wounded 54 people last week.
The regulator said that, prior to the incident, it had issued a security advisory to all its licensees and gaming site operators in light of the terrorist activities in Mindanao.
The measures included: 1) Increase security preparedness in their respective areas to ensure the safety of employees and guests; and 2) Abide by the curfew rules and other ordinances that may be issued by the local government units where they are situated.
“This tragic event shows the vulnerability of our institutions in the face of any form of terror attack. Hence, the need to strengthen security and safety measures and protocols – especially in tourist areas and public places. PAGCOR, as a responsible corporate citizen is committed to implement the highest security standards both for its licensed operators and its own gaming operations,” said Pagcor in a statement on its website on Thursday.