Macau govt submits bill for casino worker entry ban

The Macau government on Friday submitted a bill that will restrict casino workers from entering gaming venues when off-duty, according to a report from Macau TDM.

Those included in the entry ban are gaming table and machine operators, promoters, workers in cashier cages, security and cleaning staff, restaurant staff, and staff members that work in surveillance rooms.

An Executive Council spokesperson stressed that those in violation of the regulation will only face a fine, ranging MOP1,000 and MOP 10,000.

However, there are also exemptions to the entry ban, such as on the first three days of Chinese New Year, or on occasions where there is a legitimate reason, such as training and education.

After the bill is approved by the Legislative Assembly, the DICJ will publish the list of job titles affected by the ban.

The bill amendment also discussed a ban on using mobile phones on gaming tables, as well as a ban on the use of recording devices in a casino. At the moment, these rules are only part of a guideline.

Related Articles

DICJ deputy director steps down, resumes advisory role

The Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ) says its deputy director Leong Man Ion will step down from Jan. 7th at his own request. He will return to his prior position as a DICJ senior technical advisor.

Macau regulator denies talks with casino operators on digital yuan

The Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ) has denied that it has been holding talking with Macau's operators on the possibility of introducing a digital yuan. The news was first reported by Bloomberg.

Macau VIP rises 55.7 percent sequentially in Q3

Macau’s VIP GGR in the third quarter of this year registered an increase of 55.7 percent in relation to the previous three months, according to data published by the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ).
Macau - Focusing on diversification

Regulator says Macau still studying online gambling

Macau’s gambling regulator has acknowledged that authorities are studying the possibility of allowing online betting to help offset the dramatic loss of revenue due to the Covid-19 crisis, raising an exciting, if remote sounding possibility.

Macau October GGR falls 72.5%

Macau's October gross gambling revenue fell 72.5 percent to MOP7.2 billion ($899 million), according to figures from the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ). The latest figures bring the year to date decline to 84 percent.

VIP baccarat accounts for 48% of Macau Q3 GGR

VIP baccarat revenue was up 51 percent quarter-on-quarter and made up almost 48 percent of the revenue for the quarter, while mass market revenue jumped 77 percent from Q2, accounting for 38 percent overall, according to government figures.

Adriano Ho moves into DICJ role on June 10

The Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau’s incoming director, Adriano Ho, is set to officially take office on June 10, according to local reports citing Macau secretary for Economy and Finance Lei Wai Nong. Last week it was reported that Adriano Ho would be taking over the role of DICJ director from Paulo Martins Chan, who […]

Paulo Martins Chan to step down as DICJ boss

Paulo Martins Chan will be stepping down from his position as the head of the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau in June, to be replaced by Adriano Marques Ho, an advisor to Secretary for Security Wong Sio Chak, according to a report from Macau News Agency.  Sources told MNA that Chan will return to the […]