Ho confident of more table game allocation next year

Melco’s Lawrence Ho is confident his company will be granted more new-to-market gaming tables next year, TDM News reports.

The company’s newest hotel tower, Morpheus, officially opened its doors on Friday after receiving its hotel and gaming license on Thursday.

The 770-room hotel opened with 40 gaming tables transferred from other Melco properties, however, Ho said he was confident the government would grant them a fresh allocation of gaming tables in 2019.

“I think the government is looking at next year’s quota for us. I think in the meantime, we are ok with moving tables and re-allocating them. But again, I am super confident that the Macau government has never failed us before and has rewarded us appropriately for our contribution and I think it’s not just contribution in the last couple of years,” said Ho.

Regarding hotel rooms, Ho said that Morpheus will launch its hotel rooms gradually in phases, with the first phase to introduce 200 to 300 rooms.

“After [we] complete all [the] troubleshooting, we will gradually introduce 100 rooms per two weeks,” said Ho during a press conference on Friday. “By the time in July, we will have all rooms put into operation

According to local media, Ho further revealed that the construction of Studio City Phase 2 is set to commence in the third quarter of this year.

He said the expansion will focus on non-gaming elements.

“We’re still negotiating. Hopefully, in the second half, we will commence work because by July 2021 we need to complete everything. The planning for Phase 2 of Studio City is all non-gaming. Because in Phase 1 we already provided enough gaming space so there won’t be a separate casino. Again we are still negotiating with our minority shareholders so I can’t share too much information yet,” he said.

Related Articles

DICJ deputy director steps down, resumes advisory role

The Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ) says its deputy director Leong Man Ion will step down from Jan. 7th at his own request. He will return to his prior position as a DICJ senior technical advisor.

Macau regulator denies talks with casino operators on digital yuan

The Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ) has denied that it has been holding talking with Macau's operators on the possibility of introducing a digital yuan. The news was first reported by Bloomberg.

Macau VIP rises 55.7 percent sequentially in Q3

Macau’s VIP GGR in the third quarter of this year registered an increase of 55.7 percent in relation to the previous three months, according to data published by the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ).
Macau - Focusing on diversification

Regulator says Macau still studying online gambling

Macau’s gambling regulator has acknowledged that authorities are studying the possibility of allowing online betting to help offset the dramatic loss of revenue due to the Covid-19 crisis, raising an exciting, if remote sounding possibility.

Macau October GGR falls 72.5%

Macau's October gross gambling revenue fell 72.5 percent to MOP7.2 billion ($899 million), according to figures from the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ). The latest figures bring the year to date decline to 84 percent.

VIP baccarat accounts for 48% of Macau Q3 GGR

VIP baccarat revenue was up 51 percent quarter-on-quarter and made up almost 48 percent of the revenue for the quarter, while mass market revenue jumped 77 percent from Q2, accounting for 38 percent overall, according to government figures.

Adriano Ho moves into DICJ role on June 10

The Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau’s incoming director, Adriano Ho, is set to officially take office on June 10, according to local reports citing Macau secretary for Economy and Finance Lei Wai Nong. Last week it was reported that Adriano Ho would be taking over the role of DICJ director from Paulo Martins Chan, who […]

Paulo Martins Chan to step down as DICJ boss

Paulo Martins Chan will be stepping down from his position as the head of the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau in June, to be replaced by Adriano Marques Ho, an advisor to Secretary for Security Wong Sio Chak, according to a report from Macau News Agency.  Sources told MNA that Chan will return to the […]