Interview with Joe Pisano, CEO, Jade Entertainment ahead of ASEAN 2019
1) What has been the biggest development for your company in Asia this year?
The biggest development for Jade in the past year was being selected as a service provider by Corona Casino in Phu Quoc. This was a historic opening as it is the first casino in Vietnam to allow nationals to enter. Jade Supplied the System from Novomatic as well as 35 percent of the machines and the Absolute Vision system also from Novomatic.
2) Where are you experiencing the most demand at present?
Philippines remains our largest market, we are seeing existing properties refresh their floor and new projects in Cebu and Clark.
3) What are your plans for 2019?
In 2019, Jade will expand its operations in Australia and California. In the Philippines, Jade will go live with retail sports betting under the Jade Sportsbet Brand.
4) Which do you see being the most promising markets in the next few years?
For the immediate future, we see growth in Vietnam. Longer term, Japan will be the key market for Electronic Gaming.
5) Are you making any changes in Asia, either expanding your team, or management, to take advantage of market opportunities?
Over the past year, Jade has expanded into Malaysia and Vietnam. We would like to expand into Indochina, however the regulator conditions must improve first. Sirio Eureste has joined Jade as sales manager and David Campbell as sportsbook manager.
We are currently recruiting in the areas of Digital Marketing and Digital Analysis. We see the future is in AI Sensors and 5G.