Genting Malaysia said its properties will remain closed until May 12 after the government extended the country’s Movement Control Order (MC).
The company said in a statement on its website that Resorts World Genting, Resorts World Awana, Resorts World Kijal and Resorts World Langkawi will resume upon the lifting of the MCO.
“We will continue to monitor the situation and make the necessary announcements as more information becomes available. We would like to assure you that, despite the temporary closure, we have heightened our already stringent hygiene practices to safeguard the health and safety of all our guests and employees. This will ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable experience once we reopen,” Genting Malaysia said.
Genting Malaysia is the operator of the country’s only casino at its Resorts World Genting property in the Genting Highlands. The group gets about 67 percent of its revenue and 78 percent of its adjusted EBITDA from its Malaysian operations.
Last week, CGS-CIMB cut Genting Malaysia’s FY20 core earnings per share (EPS) by 43 percent due to the movement control order extension.