Former Pagcor official to file appeal against Wynn-favored court decision

Former PAGCOR official Rogelio Yusi Bangsil Jr., says he intends to appeal a ruling from the Macau Court of First Appeal (TJB), which on Friday announced it had favored Wynn Macau in his damages lawsuit, Macau News Agency reports.

In March, the Macau Court of First Appeal confirmed that Wynn Macau had unlawfully disclosed the former Pagcor officials personal data without permission, with the information used at the time to oust Kazuo Okada as a director of Wynn, and scheduled the hearing for the final decision on June 22.

Bangsil, along with his wife, were named as two of 17 people who had allegedly received more than US$110,000 in gifts and payments from the then Wynn director Kazuo Okada. But the allegations led to the tarnishing of Bangsil’s integrity and career.

Bangsil denied the allegations and began litigation against Wynn Macau in 2014, seeking damages.

However, the TJB on Friday announced it had ruled against Bangsil’s MOP10 million (US$1.2 million) damages claim, with Wynn Macau’s defence team arguing it had not been proved that Bangsil suffered a considerable financial impact, and that the personal data had been provided willingly by him.

The former Pagcor employee is now preparing to file an appeal against the decision.

SHARE
Previous articleHKJC commingling revenue growth surges
Next articleLaBa360com chooses RTG Asia as Strategic Slots Partner for Asia

Related Articles

Pagcor

Corona crisis restarts talk of PAGCOR casino sale

The Covid-19 crisis has rekindled debate over the potential privatisation of the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp (PAGCOR) casinos to raise funds to fight the pandemic.

PAGCOR mulls regulated online cock fights

PAGCOR said it can issue appropriate regulations to license and legitimize cockfights streamed online as part of efforts to obtain much-needed funds for the government.
Pogos Philippines offices

POGOs given “ample opportunity” to settle dues, PAGCOR says

Philippine Offshore Gaming License Operators (POGOs) have been given ample opportunity to settle their obligations to the government, though some have chosen to close down because of the impact of Covid-19 on their business, the regulator said.

PAGCOR financial aid to Philippine Sports Commission

The Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) has received a financial boost as it received an additional remittance from the Philippine Amusements and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) that it hopes to use to fund the anticipated return to training by its Tokyo-bound athletes and other Olympic hopefuls.
PAGCOR logo

Philippines seen warming to online gaming for locals

The Philippines market regulator may be considering regulation to allow local Filipinos to gamble online to make up for plummeting revenue from the country’s legal gambling outlets, according to industry sources.

Philippine targets for online gaming revenue ebb

The Philippine government’s target to double revenue from online gambling looks to be on shaky ground, as only half the operators have resumed business following Covid-19 and other licensing jurisdictions look to benefit from the fallout.

Exiting POGOs inquiring about Isle of Man licenses

The regulator of the Philippines online gambling industry, Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) has warned for some time now that online operators could be leaving the country for greener pastures.
Bloomberry Foundation, PAGCOR complete quarantine facilities

Bloomberry Foundation, PAGCOR complete quarantine facilities

Bloomberry Foundation and the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp said they have completed the capital region’s largest quarantine facility for Covid-19 patients.

Philippines casino GGR down 13.6% in 20Q1

Gross gaming revenue amongst Philippines’ land-based casinos fell 13.6 percent in 20Q1, down to P45.4 billion ($910.8 million), according to data from the country’s gaming regulator.  Casinos from Entertainment City, which produce the bulk of Philippine casino GGR, saw a 16 percent fall in GGR compared to that of 2019.  With respect to gaming segments, […]

More POGOs set to leave the Philippines: Domingo

The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) has warned that more gaming firms could close down as a result of stringent tax rules and worsening business conditions as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, local media reports. Pagcor chairman Andrea Domingo made the comment after the exodus of several POGO gaming firms, including the online […]