A fire that broke out at SJM Holding’s Hotel Lisboa was caused by a short circuit and brought under control within five minutes, local media reports.
Macau Firefighters Corp dispatched 42 personnel to deal with the blaze that broker out at about midnight.
The emergency services said they didn’t believe the strong wind and rain from Typhoon Bebinca was a factor in the fire. Macau News Agency said the hotel had provided a statement saying the short circuit was caused by strong wind and rain water penetrating the lighting cover.
Singapore police have busted at least two illegal gambling operations in the past week, while across Asia authorities have moved to stamp out illicit activities, from raids on premier league matches in India, to illegal number forecasting in Malaysia.