Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte on Friday announced an extension of the lockdown on metropolitan Manila and parts of Luzon until May 15.
The “enhanced community quarantine” will continue to apply to “high-risk” areas, including Metro Manila and 17 provinces in Luzon. However, the government said it would study whether restrictions in some of the affected areas in Luzon could be eased after April 30.
Other areas in the moderate to low-risk areas of Luzon have now been placed under general community quarantine. This allows for non-leisure stores in malls to partially open, public transport to open in a limited capacity, and for workers to go back to work in phases.
However, integrated resorts in Entertainment City, as well as POGO businesses will remain suspended.
This Dossier results from the “Life After POGOs” editorial project by Asia Gaming Brief which culminated with a pop-up digital forum on 9th December to discuss potentials ramifications in the industry.
PUBG will not be able to return to India until at least March 21 as the company has been unable to secure a meeting with government officials to discuss the situation. The game, which previously was distributed in India by Tencent, was one of more than 100 apps banned on national security grounds due to their links to China.
Crown Resorts is facing more regulatory scrutiny after the Victorian Gaming Minister said she was fast-tracking the regular review of its suitability to hold a casino license and appointing a special commissioner to oversee the process.
Over the years, many of the answers have been remarkably prescient in their forecasts for the near-term direction of Asia’s gaming industry. However, we can safely say that no one came anywhere close to guessing
what 2020 may have had in store.
While nowhere in the world has escaped the economic fallout from the Covid-19 crisis, Macau has been hit harder than most, with forecasts for gross domestic product to shrink more than 50 percent this year.