The head of Macau’s gaming regulator said the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau has inspected 25 VIP rooms and found nothing illegal and confirmed that Suncity Holdings CEO Alvin Chao is not under investigation.
Speaking to Portuguese television channel TDM-Macau, Paulo Martins Chan said the VIP rooms were in seven of the territory’s casinos.
Last week China’s state-run media accused Suncity, Macau’s largest junket, of running illegal online gaming and proxy betting operations targeting Mainland Chinese. Chao held a press conference on Saturday to deny the allegations and apologized to the Macau government for any inconvenience caused.
In the interview, Chan said Chau had underscored his commitment that the group will always abide by Macau law even when operating abroad in jurisdictions that permit online gambling.
Online lottery company 500.com said a special investigative committee (SIC) established to probe its role into an alleged bribery scandal in Japan found that there had been no violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.