No more than 10 officials of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) will be “named and shamed” following President Duterte’s investigation into corruption within PCSO, local media reports.
Salvador Panelo on Thursday confirmed the President will soon name the alleged corrupt officials but did not give any specific timing.
“Let’s just wait for the announcement of the President,” he said.
Last week, Duterte ordered the closure of all PCSO gaming activities, including lottery following concerns of “massive corruption” in the sector. More than 30,000 outlets were shut down on the weekend.
The ban on lotto was subsequently lifted on the following Wednesday, however, the investigation into the other PCSO gaming activities have been ongoing since, including a “lifestyle” check on all board members of the PCSO, and former PCSO general manager Alexander Balutan.
“We will investigate everyone who holds money, held money, especially the board [of directors] from the time President Duterte assumed office,” said Greco Belgica, commissioner of the Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission on Thursday.
“We will and we have not spared anyone — be it friends of the President, friends of Senator Bong or my personal friends. We have arrests of that magnitude and stature,” he added.