Days after the resignation of three of its key management personnel on Friday, The Star Entertainment Group is suspending its domestic and international rebate play programs while it addresses issues arising from its royal-style commission inquiry in NSW.
Star Entertainment Group CEO Matt Bekier on Monday announced his resignation from the company’s board effective immediately, following allegations of misconduct against the casino company last week.
NSW treasurer Matt Kean says that the government will be chasing The Star for any unpaid tax found to be owing in relation to allegations of money laundering and criminal affiliations that came to light last week.
The Star Entertainment Group is proud to announce it has been recognized as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) in 2022.
The Star Entertainment Group said its earnings in FY22H1 were significantly impacted by property shutdowns and Covid-19 related operating restrictions.
The Star Entertainment Group on Thursday announced the appointment of Michael Issenberg as non-executive director of the company, subject to regulatory approvals.
Australian-listed The Star Entertainment Group has been accused of encouraging local gamblers to falsely claim they reside outside of New South Wales, in order for the company to minimize the amount of gaming tax paid to the state government.
The Star Entertainment has been informed by the ILGA that the regular review of its Sydney license will include a public hearing component focused on its internal AML practices.