Good morning. J.P. Morgan Australia equity analyst Don Carducci has observed much-improved business confidence from slot venues this year compared 2020, with 90 percent of gaming venues intending to maintain or increase their slot replacement spend over the next year.
What you need to know
- Star Entertainment Group has found itself in the firing line of a media investigation very similar to the one that exposed Crown’s money-laundering failings some two years ago.
- ILGA on Monday said that the suspension of Crown Sydney’s gaming license is still in place and that its stance “has not changed.”
- Macau’s six operators are likely to post an industry-wide EBITDA loss of $23 million in 3Q21, due to Covid disruptions in August and September, Morgan Stanley notes.
- Sands China’s experience in running casinos was likely the deciding factor in tipping a bid for a Macau license in Galaxy Entertainment’s favor, a witness told a court.
- NSW ended its 106-day lockdown, lifting stay-at-home orders for fully vaccinated and those with medical exemptions after reaching a 70% full vaccination rate.
On the radar
- Macau confirms Golden Week washout with 94% drop in visitation.
- Beijing has imposed a 14-day quarantine for Macau arrivals.
- Singapore/South Korea has established a quarantine-free travel corridor.
- Club Cubic was closed due to rental dispute with COD Macau.
- SkyCity Chair Rob Campbell is set to resign in early 2022.
- Registrations revoked for 2 POGOs after failing to comply with AML check.
What the papers say
- Rules to prevent local Goans from entering casinos still not implemented
- Governor says $8m of IPI’s 2019 license fee available for appropriation
- Former Wynn Macau president facing years in federal prison over college admissions scandal.
- Dream 11 suspends operations in Karnataka due to online gambling ban
As many as 90 percent of gaming venues surveyed in the recent J.P. Morgan 12th Annual Slot Survey said they intend to maintain or increase their slot replacement spend over the next year, with Aristocrat Leisure’s machines remaining their top pick for floor space. Analysts from J.P. Morgan Australia, including equity analyst Don Carducci, said the results signify much-improved business confidence from their 2020 Slot Survey, which saw only 55 percent of venues expecting to maintain or increase their replacement spend.
- Pragmatic Play releases Piggy Bank Bills
SUPPLIER SPECIAL REPORT
BBIN’s TGB Charity recently launched the wildlife-advocacy campaign, Love For All Kinds, which creates a charitable fundraising platform for NGOs that care for endangered animals, wildlife and biodiversity. TGB Charity provides the best opportunity for various NGOs to demonstrate their missions and events, connecting NGOs with potential donors to further support their work.
With people around the world finally enjoying the freedom that they sacrificed for the past 18 months, we made sure to build a backlog of innovative content that would assist in the retention of players. The recently launched, fully animated title Fly! takes players on an adventure through cotton candy clouds and playful surroundings to deliver a 5×5, highly volatile slot filled with ground-breaking mechanics, eye-catching visuals and huge win potential!