Good morning. G2E Las Vegas concluded last week and by most measures, the conference was very successful. We hear from Andrew Klebanow, principal of C3 Gaming Group who gives us a recap of the key themes discussed at the show.
What you need to know
- The Philippines says China’s crackdown and not the new tax regime is to blame for the exodus of online gaming firms from the country.
- Philippine authorities have given indication that the Manila region will have its Covid-19 alert level downgraded to level 3 after October 15.
- Star Entertainment said a report that alleged it failed to act on a 2018 report prepared by KPMG on its AML and CTF practices was incorrect.
- Queensland’s Attorney-General has confirmed that the state’s gaming regulator, along with police and AUSTRAC are currently investigating Star Entertainment’s AML practices.
On the radar
- Resorts World Sentosa fined S$75k over internal control failures.
- Chow Tai Fook posted strong growth in 2Q21 same-store sales.
- Genting Malaysia injected another $150M of equity into Empire Resorts.
- The creation of the GRA has hit some delays as a result of the pandemic.
G2E Las Vegas concluded last week and by most measures, the conference was very successful. Observationally, the tradeshow was well attended. Noticeably absent were attendees and vendors from Asia and some European nations due to continued travel restrictions. Nonetheless, domestic casino operators took this opportunity to venture out, visit Las Vegas and get back to business. Some of the hottest topics were cashless gaming and smoking bans. On the floor, suppliers demonstrated their latest cabinets, designed to catch the player’s attention.
- SIS invests in Australia’s RACELAB Global
- Sportradar becomes official data/live streaming partner for International Cricket Council
- Pinnacle Solution levels up esports product with Esports Hub
SUPPLIER SPECIAL REPORT
SimplePlay has launched some great games earlier this year and more are coming. These titles have performed well, and have been welcomed by the operators. “Myth of Phoenix” was SimplePlay’s Q1 hit. A 4×5-reel, 50-line slot where Stack Top Pay Symbol may appear on the reels, it allows players to win up to 1000x.
JCM Global’s (JCM) new and innovative ICB ASAP is the biggest technological advancement to come to the count room since JCM first introduced its ICB system to the industry more than a decade ago. ICB ASAP is an acronym for Intelligent Cash Box with Automated Secure Asset Processing, and it automates the count room, dramatically enhancing productivity.