Good morning. Our industry, built on trust and connections, has had a tough time over the last two years as a result of all the restrictions and closures that came with the virus. The good news is that we’re starting to see big gaming industry events making a comeback, including our very own ASEAN Gaming Summit.
It’s time to get back out there! Take a look at what in-person industry conferences we’re excited about in the months ahead.
What you need to know
- Grand Lisboa Palace opened its doors to the public at noon on Friday. The ceremony, offering an exclusive sneak peek previ
- Macau’s July gross gambling revenue was a big improvement from June, but still came in below analysts’ expectations, triggering another round of estimate cuts.
- Crown Resorts is sticking to its claim that it only owed AU$61 million in unpaid casino taxes during the final week of royal commission inquiry into its suitability.
- Solaire Resort and Casino says all employees who are rostered for day-to-day operations have been fully vaccinated, as Manila’s IRs work toward herd immunity.
- Belle Corp 2Q revenue gained 27 percent, boosted by its share of income from City of Dreams Manila, where demand has been strong despite Covid restraints.
- Paradise Co. July sales fell 60% year-on-year, with the figure also down by more than half from June, as restrictions increased due to rising Covid cases.
- The U.S. gaming industry is poised to report record quarterly results in 2Q, showing just how strong the market has recovered from the pandemic.
On the radar
- Sega Sammy will issue $38M in stock acq rights to employees and directors.
- Authorities in Thailand have taken down a $45.5M online gambling ring.
- A new two-star hotel in Macau is requesting to open, no casino is planned.
- IPI is awaiting response for a five-year construction deadline extension
- Malaysia arrested 525 people involved in online gambling operations in 1H.
What the papers say
After nearly two years of tough lockdowns, travel restrictions, and quarantine periods, we’re pleased to have begun to see the return of the much-missed in-person conferences for both land-based and igaming industries alike. Our infographic today has only one simple task to fulfill, and that is to show you that not only conferences, but that in-person meeting, networking, and business-making are back on the cards! In the infographic timeline below we list the in-person conferences that we’re really excited about over the next seven months.
Supplier Special Report
Jade Entertainment takes sports betting to new heights. With the recent development of remote gaming in the Philippines, JADE, will be one of the few providers accredited by PAGCOR to offer a remote gaming experience to local players.
As lockdowns lift, the online casino sector needs to think hard about how to retain the customers it gained during Covid lockdown. The most important factor determining your success in retaining land-based and retail players forced online by the lockdown is the quality of your offering.