Wynn confident of Macau license renewal

Casino magnate Steve Wynn, head of Wynn Resorts, said he is confident that his casino business in Macau will continue after the expiration of casino concessions starting 2020, Reuters reports.

Wynn told analysts on Monday that his confidence comes from talks with the government in Macau.

“We have been given reason to have confidence that our businesses will continue after the initial concession expiration dates,” he said. “That confidence is based upon the kind of conversations we have had with the government.”

Wynn said that China was adamant about stability and did not like disruptions.

“We are so stitched into that community, with our employees and our company, that we feel comfortable in this situation,” he said.

Earlier this week, Wynn Macau reported a rise in net profit of more than 300 percent in the fourth quarter of 2017.

Total revenue from the Macau arm reached $1.3 billion in the quarter, while adjusted property EBITDA reached $376 million, beating market consensus due to strong performance from Wynn Palace.

More news from this jurisdiction

MacauThursday, Feb 22, 2018

Macau emerged as a major winner in the latest edition of the Forbes Travel Guide, with the highest number of five-star hotels, restaurants and spas.

MacauTuesday, Feb 20, 2018

Gross gambling revenue over the Chinese New Year period was disappointing, despite higher visitation to Macau, according to Bernstein analysis.

MacauThursday, Feb 15, 2018

Macau Legend Development says it expects to record an 85 percent increase in net loss for the year ended December 31, 2017, attributed to depreciation, financial and impairment costs.

MacauThursday, Feb 15, 2018

MGM China has announced the resignation of Mr. Kenneth A. Rosevear as a non-executive director of the company, effective February 14.

MacauWednesday, Feb 14, 2018

Melco has announced the payment of a one-month discretionary bonus to all eligible non-management employees, as well as a salary increase of 2.5 percent to 8.1 percent.​

MacauWednesday, Feb 14, 2018

Macau junket operator Rich Goldman saw its 17H2 profit fall 38 percent to HK$24.7 million (US$31.6 million), impacted by a significant drop in revenue from its gaming business.

MacauTuesday, Feb 13, 2018

Studio City, operated by Melco Resorts & Entertainment, today announced that it has been granted an extension of the development period under the Studio City land concession contract.