Error message

  • Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in template_preprocess_imageblock_content() (line 349 of /home/agbrief/agb/sites/all/modules/imageblock/imageblock.module).
  • Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in template_preprocess_imageblock_content() (line 349 of /home/agbrief/agb/sites/all/modules/imageblock/imageblock.module).

RWM reopens gaming area

Resorts World Manila on Thursday was given permission to resume its gaming operations after complying with security and safety requirements imposed by the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation, local media reports.

The decision came after the casino operator presented its Casino Security Protective Action Plans to Pagcor.

In a statement from Pagcor on Thursday, the regulator said it lifted the suspension order on Travellers International Hotel Group Inc as it had complied with security and safety improvements. The regulator said it also took the hotel’s 6,000 employees into consideration.

Pagcor said the government was losing an average of P14 million (US$276,778) per day as a result of the suspension order.

“With PAGCOR’s assistance and guidance, we can now start the difficult task of rebuilding as it is also our responsibility to take care of our 6,000 staff and personnel,” said Kingson Sian, Resorts World Manila president and CEO.

“We are bringing back the gaming operations on the ground and third floors of our integrated resort. The second floor will no longer be used for casino operations and will be utilized for other non-gaming purposes instead,” he added.

The regulator however, noted that “the lifting of suspension order does not disregard the operator’s officers and personnel of any criminal liability, which is to be determined by government investigating bodies.”

More news from this jurisdiction

PhilippinesMonday, Jan 15, 2018

A retired military general is set to fill the position left by Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) chairman, Jose Jorge Corpuz, who retired last week.

PhilippinesSunday, Jan 14, 2018

President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday held a meeting with the top executives of Melco Resorts and Entertainment.

PhilippinesSunday, Jan 14, 2018

Chairman of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office Jose Jorge Corpuz has resigned from his position as chairman, according to an announcement on Friday.

PhilippinesThursday, Jan 11, 2018

Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) has launched a second auction for two parcels of land occupied by Bloomberry’s Solaire Resort and Casino.

PhilippinesThursday, Jan 11, 2018

Philippine police have rescued a Taiwanese man from a kidnap-for-ransom gang in Paranaque City, local media reports.

PhilippinesMonday, Jan 08, 2018

The Philippines’ national tax think-tank has recommended an increase in the entrance fees required for players to enter casinos in the country, and to make their collection compulsory.

PhilippinesSunday, Jan 07, 2018

Philippine casino operator Travellers International Hotel Group has announced it has formalized an agreement with Hotel Okura Co., Ltd for it to operate a new 191-room hotel at Resorts World Manila.